Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hearts and flowers and winter drizzle




The second scan is of my latest effort for my Machine embellishment class, I have called it hearts and flowers as on a really boring bit of background i embellished some hearts from the very light and gauzy sample I did on scrim and then cut flowers out from another piece I did on felt, then some hand embroidery and it looks so much better.
We had a tiny bit of drizzle this morning, with no John I had to get my own breakfast, what a chore! It means I am in a muddle with writing up my daily diary and taking my pills but I managed it.
Went down to get the paper and only one paper again today, you would think they could get it right after weeks of complaints, any way I then walked around the block so to speak, down the road and up through the paddocks.
My reflux is feeling much better since I stopped having the nightly wine, think I over did it while we were at Coffin Bay!! so a nice walk in the damp morning was great.
I took some photos in the late afternoon yesterday, the view from the back gate, it was a bit misty and unclear then some of the remaining flowers in the garden, the autumn leaves that are still on the liquid amber and the fuchsia a nice hardy one that doesnt often succumb to frost as it is by the wall of the house. Sorry somehow I lost that and it is now up first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only time my daughter ever had reflux was from drinking too much wine.

Karen