Saturday, June 07, 2008

A mixed bag



the first scan is of some samples I have been doing for a class I will be teaching at the Grumpy week end, it is a lot of bits of tyvek bonded together with Bonding powder, some embossing powder sprinkled on and heated, I wasnt sure if this would work but it did, then some beads and a button and some wire and then all sewn onto a piece of crumpled and painted brown paper bonded to some felt.
the other samples are pretty boring, just how to do it.
The second is one of two pieces I bought from DJ Pettit on her etsy site, I love her paintings and this can be used on a bag or a book or whatever.
Then two photos I took on this mornings walk, one of the Bluff and Wright Island and the other of families on a cold beach. Only about 13 degrees in Victor when we went in this morning. I loved the way the spurge on the sandhills has gone this golden color.
I am hardly able to walk my joints are complaining so much, so I watched the Crows (my football team) who managed to win by 50 points after being down at half time. Whew!

No comments: