Friday, October 05, 2007

Fractured heart

Ok the Birthday is over and it was a lovely one. thank you so much to all of you who sent best wishes and to my dear friend Virginia in Germany for the lovely e card, I love those cards, and a hilarious one from Darlene in America.
I am still making a cot quilt and I am no quilter, for the new grand baby so I had a practice with the same material but with a fractured heart from the ones I was playing around with in black paper and this is the result, it is very small and I have left the back to see if I think I should bind it or just run around with a zig zag stitch. I am a bit inclined towards the zig zag.
I loved this material and I have used it in the quilt for the hearts, but they are not fractured, I wouldnt inflict that on a baby.
Shopping this morning and then as John was at a mini conference type thing at Whalers went along there and had a coffee overlooking the sea in the sun. Lovely. Sometimes life is good, but oh dear I do wish it would rain and rain and rain. Then life would be extra good.

No comments: