Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Street scene

I am trying to paint street scenes. I can now see that the building in the foreground is leaning and John was quite rude about this, I told him I was trying to be a naive painter! Actually I quite like the bright colours but it does look pretty primitive.
My little mare did really well at the Royal, a 6th, a 3rd and then in the leading rein she worked from 6th to 2nd in a huge class. Very pleased with her and other ponies with my Rivington prefix did well as well maybe we will sell more ponies!
It has turned cool again after the couple of hot days and a bit more rain is forecast.
I am still making fabric beads, I think they will be an on going thing.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, we should not pay any attention to the critiques of spouses!
:-D
I think this is really wonderful!

Teri said...

I love it also--what do hubbies know! It is bright and cheerful.

Congrats on the ponies too. Sounds like a fun time.

Anastasia said...

This is a great street scene - I like the leaning view - looks great!

Jana Bouc said...

This is a charming little scene. Who cares about perspective--not me! Is it your town? It's lovely!

Jan Allsopp said...

I like it too. It's also very atmospheric. It looks to me like one of those spring afternoons when the light fading actually intensifies the colours for a while. I know you will probably say it was a bright morning, but I am happy with my version of the 'truth'.

Liz Plummer said...

I love your picture - after all, if we want realism, we can take photographs! It's better than I could do!!

Alison said...

I think this little picture has great character - indeed if we wanted photos, we could take them.

Anonymous said...

Another amazing watercolour Penny. Ignore what John says! I just love this scene.