Thursday, September 28, 2006

A grid

Well this is a sort of grid, somethings didnt quite fit into their allotted spaces, I sat in my sitting room and moved from chair to chair looking at some of the many things I have and drew what took my fancy. It was great fun. I think next time I will colour it but I didnt have time to do that. I am not sure if I need to explain them all but the wavy thing in the middle is a carnival glass bowl of my mothers, there is a clock, a cheese dish, a cushion, a hanging lamp, a japanese doll,, the handle on our wood stove, a pair of bellows and an embossing stamp machine. Oh and books and the door on one side of a chinese cupboard and the fire irons.
There are lots more things in there, it is a big room but is now rather more cluttered than it was with my mothers stuff as well.
I have been busy doing mundane things like washing and cleaning, no fun at all.
Made a necklace for a friends 80th Birthday, hope she likes it, couldnt think what to give her.
The Japanese wisteria is smelling very spicy as the day is warming up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so much fun to see the bits and pieces of someone else's life. You've done a wonderful job, Penny. Next time, it will be nice to see color, too!

Lin said...

NICELY NICELY DONE!! And challenging too -- to fill those wee spaces!! Love seeing the bits of details of your life!

Teri said...

Wonderful job on this Penny! You have now joined us gridders that know how fun it is. Seems like you can get so much information in these and they are so interesting.

Nina Johansson said...

So nice! This kind of drawing is a great way to start to rediscover your own home too, at least I tend to turn a blind eye to my daily surroundings sometimes. I love your grid!