Monday, September 18, 2006

EDM Challenge Bread & Sleepy lizard!


First of all here is my newly baked loaf of bread, done in my breadmaker and not perfect! Its top slanted a bit, but then I do add things to my bread mix that are not listed in what I should put in it, like physelium husks and rolled oats because we like a white bread mix but I pander to my cholestorol. Not the best sketch but adequate.
The other photo is of the sleepy lizard John and I found on our walk on Sunday, he had newly shed his skin and was walking along purposfully. They are giant skinks with blue tongues that is one of their defence mechanisms, pretty pathetic really, they open their mouths wide and hiss and you pick them up from behind their heads and they are gentle and lovely and I have never been bitten by one. I used to keep them as pets when I was a child, they are about a foot long and really only want to mind their own business. As John said a mini dinosaur. Lovely things.
Today I caugaht up with things, weeded and cut back in the garden, no husework of course unless you count a load of washing, dishes done and a swept floor or two.
Picked some lovely flowers, some flowering pear, flowers from the elm and some freesias. The wisteria is in full bloom and smelling wonderful but it was very warm and humid today but with unfortunatly no rain. So every hose has been on and in a 2 acre garden that is a lot. Luckily the springs manage to keep up.

4 comments:

Lin said...

NEAT BREAD, Penny!!! Now I'm starving!

Michael Emerald said...

Thank you. It looks fine.

Teri said...

Penny, I like your bread. But that lizard scares the heck out of me!! When are you going to sketch it?

Anonymous said...

Lovely bread! I too am not used to such lizards. We only have very little ones here in Austria. But I'd love to sketch such a gorgeous exemplar!