Wednesday, September 06, 2006

EDM Challenge Draw your work space

I am always running out of time at the moment, racing around to see my mother etc etc. Thought life should slow down.
I drew this yesterday, it is where my painting is done at the moment, in my sun room, but soon it will be too hot to be there so I may have to go out onto one of the verandahs.
Big wide windows looking out onto a terrace with wrought iron and roses and trees and the orchard.
Inside I have a folding easel and a folding table fighting with the succulents that come inside for winter.
I must add that there are large squashy chairs and magazines and it is gorgeous in winter but facing north is far too hot at the height of summer.
No time to do it in water colour but I may have another go at it another day.
I went back to beading classes last night, the first since last summer and perhaps I should have been going all winter as we had the best rain since April, 19 mm and it was very wet and wild with gutters overflowing everywhere out there. Wonderful, at least it extends our season by at least 2 weeks and if we are lucky we will get more and get through to October before we start drying off.

5 comments:

Lin said...

WELL DONE, Penny!!! I hope things slow down for your soon!!! Your space sounds so neat and lovely with all that sun!

Anonymous said...

Super job, John~ What a lovely sketching area that must be.

Jan Allsopp said...

It looks very inviting - but you'll have to tell those succulants whose boss!

Teri said...

You did a good job on this despite your busy life. Sun rooms are my favorite for doing anything!

Jana Bouc said...

What a charming drawing of what looks like a wonderful room to spend time in!