Sunday, February 11, 2018

The cockle hunters and other photos

We went cockle gathering this morning with Alex and D'arry this morning. John can now hardly move, I am not sure how Alex is, we did manage to get dear old D'arry down to the beach and back again. At 91 and a new pacemaker put in a few months ago it is amazing how he managed. I walked the beach. I now feel very tired and a bit frustrated. Went to the op shop for some wool pants to make a bear and no money on me. Will try again on Tuesday when they are open again. I am watching the winter olympics and enjoying what they show but not all they show is what I would like to watch. Oh well. I have been put on a diuretic because of my swollen ankles, I hate swollen ankles, now Im not too sure about all the trips to the loo. The weather has stopped being very hot but is now quite humid. I need to get my act together I think. Shouldnt complain but both John and I are not moving well. I am not too sure about this getting old business.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I didn't know what a cockle is so I took a trip to Google. Pretty cool that you have a place to find them near your home. Terry is always bemoaning getting old. He has so many health issues and his RA prevents him from doing all he used to do. I remind myself that his heart is good. But he has had a few mini strokes so that is always at the back of my mind. What would I do without him.

We are socked in with snow. About 1-1/2 feet has fallen since Friday. It's freezing mist today making the roads slick. Terry has a doc appt tomorrow so I am hoping travel won't be that bad.

Keep your chin up and find something to do today that you enjoy.
xx, Carol