Saturday, March 01, 2014

A special walk

My younger sister would have been 70 today and John and I went over to the gulf side of the Peninsular and walked along her favorite beach, it is mine too but we dont get over there very often but F used to walk her dogs there a lot. I even found two cowries amongst the shells I picked up. the wind was blowing sand along the beach and the tide was very low but the rocks and sea were a glorious colour. A lovely morning, a special morning, for a sister who I miss a lot.

4 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Beautiful sea treasures and memories. I always feel closer to those loved ones who have passed on, when walking along a beach.

Jo Murray said...

Sad, but uplifting. There are always wonderful memories.

Suztats said...

How lovely that her favourite (and yours) beach was a beautiful spot on this special day. Nature always makes me feel close to God and to those who have gone before me. Your sea treasures will have special meaning.

BumbleVee said...

Sending you a hug ... I know how much I would miss my own younger sister if she was not around. She doesn't live close to me, but we do email often...and I get to see her once a year.

Your ocean photo is lovely.... you are so right... ...the colours are beautiful!