Thursday, March 06, 2014

Making folded books

I was up early and in for a blood test and from then on I have played! I was fascinated by a folded book that Carol McFee had put up on her blog and she kindly sent an email telling me where to find a name for it, The explosion Book. I have tracked down several ways to make it and finally have made two that are more or less what I meant them to be using the tutorials on them. Thank you Carol. While I was about it I had another play with the easy 4 page book we made in Velma Bolyard's class, so I am on my way but boy it has taken a while to get it into my head. I love books making although usually I go for the easy little concertina books but this has kindled my joy in all of this and I may well go back to even binding some. Very cold this morning, a lovely afternoon spent also sewing up small dolls. No beach walk this morning but I walked Max around and looked at foals, foolishly forgetting to take my camera, the last foal the little cream colt is growing well and at the moment is very smutty looking, he almost looks as if he would be a taffy with a dark coat and blonde main and tail. Must get a photo he is gorgeous. click on the photos to enlarge them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really interesting.

BumbleVee said...

I'm going to try my hand at stitching up some little journal type books to put my stitching samples into. I am looking for waxed linen thread or something similar at the moment....as well as some card stock that is a bit thick to use for a cover piece.

Perhaps I can use my upholstery thread that I usually save for jointing small bears.... it might work.....

Jo Murray said...

Your books are delightful Penny.

Robin Mac said...

Fascinating books Penny. I am a couple of days late catching up on this post and unfortunately I think you are back to the very hot weather again - crazy!

Julie said...

Well, this is quite an explosion of a photo book! Pretty cool. Does it lay flat when all folded down???