Monday, March 17, 2014

My week in stitch

The weather was good so we walked a lot, usually mornings so we could collect mail and papers at the same time. I made a small mermaid based on the Sally Lampi design I had from Coffs Harbour, although I gave her a cloth face not a clay mask. Tuesday was the memorial party for a friend who had died, lots of faces I havent seen for years, all a bit depressing though, you think of those who have gone before you! Wednesday I made a small fabric container and then we went to see the Doctor, a bit depressing there as well! Thursday was a trip to Adelaide, collected a few things I needed, called in to see P and went back up to collect John from his meeting in the hills and home again. Friday was a walk, shopping and an old scholars dinner (John's) which was good food but noisy. Saturday a walk and a black snake near the chook house, second time I have seen it, lovely shiny one with a red belly, more frightened of me than any thing. Sunday one of those days, I hadnt slept well, the election wasnt going our way and John was off to a lovely lunch with friends. I was too tired to go, but thats ok, so a bit of a wander on my cloth. today we have very old friends to stay for two nights, busy so probably no blog for a day or two.

2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

A good cloth wander... and I love the detail at the bottom of the piece.

Barry said...

P - what an amazing way to reflect and recall your week - so tangible, full of truth and creative. Hope the next week is filled with a little more energy and joy. We have quite a few Red Belly Blacks on our block - they are beautiful and appear timid and appear to have their own patch. We have been told they tend to keep the browns away - that would be good if it were true. Go well. B