Saturday, May 18, 2013

We are in Coffin Bay

 Yesterday we left home at about 5.30 am and started the 8 or so hour trip to
Coffin Bay.
There was fog in places, some rain, low cloud and a couple of diversions.
we called in to Pt Germain and had a lovely double headed licky ice cream each, a loo stop and saw this amazing boat launcher heading out over the flats (bottom left).I also really liked the metal sculpture of a grain ship.
We passed ploughed paddocks and wind turbines. The Flinders Ranges and a great cloud of (steam?) at Whyalla and on down until we arrived at Pt Lincoln for a delicious late lunch and a bit of food shopping and finally to Coffin Bay itself.(the second top on the left)
Every one arrived safely but tired, we ate salad and my pie andfinally fell into bed quite late.
I have walked to the pont and back this morning and the fellows are out fihing.
Im off to see if I can sketch something.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Robin Mac said...

What a trip you have had. I love the photos, especially the boat launcher - it is almost bigger than the boat!! I hope you keep managing the pain levels and can really enjoy your holiday. Cheers.