Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Textile fun and Spring in the garden.



I played around a bit today (wasted time?).
Inspired by new Cas Holmes book I did a small bit of adding this and that, Khadi paper base, rusted paper, hand dyed silk scrim, linen and fme, a precious piece of Japanese wrapping paper. All together and then some string saved from a bunch of carrots bought at the farmers market and a small hand that I made ages ago and was in a tin of oddments, to be used up 'some day'!
This morning I cut, pulled, tugged back a large Salvia bush that has been annoying me, still lots of it in the ground so not to worry and after I had done that I thought a couple of photos of the blossom along the track up to the house and the forget me not and other things I see as I go out of the bedroom window.
Still drizzling so I threw around some Complete D as well.
Came in and collapsed and made the little bit of nonsense.
On my other blog I have more nonsense as I am doing Carla Sonheim's on line class called The Art of Silliness.

3 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Definitely not a waste of time Penny. This is a beautiful assemblage/collage!!! The thumbnail photo looked so wonderful in my sidebar that I was tripping over myself to get to your blog to see it enlarged.

Wanda..... said...

Your textile art and forget-me-nots are lovely, Penny!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Not wasting time Penny. Moments of discovering what can happen with textiles and colours is well worth while. Beats house-cleaning anytime. There is spring in the air now, but it is still quite cool and the cyclists going round and round in their colourful lycra get rain and sunshine. I saw it on a TV sports channel - all day today apparently - instead of walking two blocks to see them!
Wendy