Saturday, August 01, 2009

One owl, two owls


I have another samll owl under way, I am finding the various scraps of material I have fun to work with.
Of course I will get sick of them before long.
The sun shone for all of about half an hour this morning, it has drizzled ever since. In that half hour I took the camera out and took a photo of my little prunus that is flowering even though John thought it had died, and the camellia by the bedroom window is covered. I have never ever had so many.
While I was outside there were goldfinches in the nettles in the overgrown vege garden, although the broad beans are in and blue wrens around in the wormwood, I think they are nesting in there.
I keep trying to take photos but havent a hope with this little camera and they are so quick.
John has just come home from fishing, I must take some photos, they didnt get a lot but at least a feed of fresh fish which will be nice.

Todays quote is by Francoise Sagan

"It is impossible to speak highly enough
of the virtues, the dangers and the power
of shared laughter."

3 comments:

Karen said...

The owls are cute and a neat way to use up the leftovers. I've been making tea wallets to give away with my scraps and now some mug rugs (coasters).

I have a lot of scraps from the fabric dyeing and I really must make an effort to try and use them all up.

BT said...

I love those little owls. I use my scraps up making rag rugs mostly. That camellia is gorgeous. We had one in our UK house that was just like that. So glad the prunus isn't dead!

ArtPropelled said...

Your owls are so appealing. Just love them!