Monday, March 27, 2006

Study of clouds


This was one of my cloud studies, a bit of a mess in the left hand corner but not too bad. Done on Arches 300gsm watercolour paper.
I will compare it later to the ones I did earlier in the week.
It has rained through the night and we have had over an inch so far, now the problem will be, do we start seeding or not? John has got some seed this morning, and after he left it poured again and I had trouble feeding the ponies, all done now. I think we will put a bit of seed in the lower paddocks and hope we keep getting some rain, really we wouldnt expect to start until mid April but we can do with all the feed we can get, and the earlier the better. Even on our deep sand this may be a posibility as rain and showers are forecast for the whole week, then we dont want it to get too hot! Farmers worry all over the world!
I think I have a not so full on week this week so hope to get back to some textile stuff.
I have just been told that some of the textile pages for the ATC book we did as a round robin with Patti Culea's stargazetome group have been published in the Cloth Paper and Scissors magazine and some of mine are in it. Cant wait to see the magazine. (Probably about 3 weeks or so before I do.)

1 comment:

Alison said...

I have found your account of and work from your class very interesting. I'm going to try monochromatic and 3 colour pieces. I hope you get a chance to build on your efforts while it's still fresh. Alison in Canberra