Saturday, March 11, 2006

Drawing lesson

this is done in soft pastels, I have never used them before but rather liked them apart from the mess. We pasted a photocopy of a postcard sized photo in the centre of the board and then extended it. I didnt really know what or how to go about it and looked at it for ages before I felt game enough to do something. the sea at the top is a bit wrong but on the whole for a fist attempt I was reasonably pleased with it.
Yesterday we had to go to grandparents day at one of the schools, only one grand daughter is at this one. I love seeing what they are all doing in their classrooms.
Then last night we went to see Judi Dench and Bob Hoskins in "Mrs Henderson Presents" which we both loved. Dont go to the pictures much although we have a very nice little theatre in the town with a lovely art deco facade, actually the inside hasnt changed much either although there are now two theatres, they even have heated footwarmers in winter.
It has been such a busy week and we were going to Womadelaide but todays forecast is 37C so we are giving it a miss. Much cooler down here.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wow - this is a neat page! I really like this one!

Anonymous said...

A stunning result Penny. Love the combination of colours - some of my very favourites. Well done.