Friday, March 03, 2006

EDM Challenge Self Portrait


This was a terrible challenge, after about 3 goes none of which looked remotly like me this one is the best I could do, and I am sure those who know me wont think its me at all!! My eyes are too big but looking at them through my glasses thats the way they look to me, not enough wrinkles but how do you do that?Actually it is much too young looking. No this is NOT me but what came out of my pencil!! Ugh.
When I am brave enough I MAY revisit this but not for a while.

6 comments:

Teri said...

Penny,don't feel bad, the best thing about this challenge now is that it is done and you were brave enough to do it. Next time you try it,it will be better. Not sure if I want to try it again tho.

Sue Seibert said...

Yeah, but you tried. I still haven't...I say, good for you!!

Linda said...

Oh, this challenge is a REAL challenge, isn't it! I think you did a good job -- and we aren't supposed to draw our own wrinkles (that's the artist's rule, didn't you know that?) :-D
You MUST be sure to do this challenge again next year at this time!

Robyn said...

Penny, there is no need to apologise for making yourself look younger. Isn't that one of the beaut things about art? You can make your subject look like whatever you want it to or you can draw stuff as you see them and not necessarily how they really are.

Congratulations on rising to this very difficult challenge.

Cheers,
Robyn
Sydney, Australia
Scratches & Scribbles

Kate Robertson said...

I too have to say you did great. I think this challenge has 2 parts one is to do the drawing and the other is to post it. The second is the harder of the two. This is a hard thing to do. I think we all deserve a pat on the back.

Marilyn said...

Penny,
Just the fact that we all rose to the occasion is a tribute to our determination. I think you did a great job.
Marilyn