Monday, March 13, 2006

sketching in public and textile piece



John and I went out to dinner on Saturday night and while we were waitng for them to come so we could order coffee this is what I sketched, the misty figure is John across the table! Done very quickly, the wine and salad were great.The other piece is doing grids and it is felt ontop of felt on top of silk paper ontop of felt again. I feel it has a sort of japanese look to it.
It rained in the night, lovely as it had been so hot and dusty yesterday. The Welsh Cob stallion got out this morning so I have had to get him back in as he and the Welsh Mountain colt were running up and down the fence squeeling at each other and the mares were all dancing around with glee. All is quiet again now.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Great job Penny! Isn't it fun to remember something with a sketch?!

Sue Seibert said...

Great job. I especially like the grids...what size is it? Beautiful!

Jen said...

Hi Penny, I really like the mix of hand and machine stitching. Well done.
Jen