Friday, March 31, 2006

Life drawing class



This was my first attempt at doing a life drawing class. I need to do a lot of feet and hands and faces! I need to work out proportions better and do more on foreshortening as well.. My last two were done on full size paper and so were not able to be scanned and by then I was freeing up a bit. Our model was beautifully pregnant which also makes for a bit more of a problem I think. My arms are pretty woeful but the first one was a 5 minute sketch and you cant get much done in 5 minutes, the second was a far more challenging pose and was I think a 10 minute sketch. The hour and a half went very fast. An interesting exercise and I would like the opportunity to do more but not so easy in a small town.

1 comment:

Jan Allsopp said...

Fantastic first life drawings! I've been life drawing on and off for 15 years, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but I know now not to look to closely at what I don't like. If you look for what you do like in your drawings, over time, your drawings will become more of that drawing and less of what your didn't like. Lots of fun, isn't it.