Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Oscar



This is Oscar, my large ginger cat. he is huge, bought for $1 at the hospital fete a few years ago, he just looked like any old moggie and then he started to grow and grow. He is mainly an inside cat, but is sure he should be outside however I keep him well confined during the summer snake season.
He is impossible to draw as he is very rarely still and I have tried and tried but I dont think I draw animals very well. He also tends to tuck his tail and feet under him! I am not at all pleased with the coloured pencil sketch although his face looks a bit more like it should.
I had a sick grand child yesterday and two of them today, so not much time to get anything done.

4 comments:

Lin said...

Hi Penny!! I hope everyone is feeling better!! GREAT SKETCH!! Your Oscar sounds like my Sunny!!

Teri said...

I love how you captured that oh so familiar cat pose in the top sketch! Great job.

Marilyn said...

Penny,
I really like the black and white sketch. You did a great job. Animals are difficult to draw - I've tried to draw my greyhounds and whippet several times. Even though they sleep so much, they do move a lot!

Karen Sandstrom said...

Hi Penny
We, too, have a ginger cat named Oscar. Looks just like your sketch. You did a nice job on the striping.