Friday, March 10, 2006

The causeway at Victor Harbor


I did this sketch while having coffee yesterday at the restaurant overlooking Encounter Bay. The power was off for most of the day so we went out and pulled weeds from the paddocks, the more we pulled the more we found. Mostly camel melons and heliotrope but we also found a nasty patch of three cornered jack, all has come in with the hay we had to buy during the drought. When we had finished we came in to town for some lunch and a coffee. We are very reliant on power these days, although I could have found something to eat it was nicer this way.
My sketch has the boat going down hill a bit, I was trying to give the impression of the cross current but didnt do very well. The causeway goes from the point at Victor across to Granite Island and a horse drawn tram goes across several times a day.
Drawing class was interesting last night and I was relatively pleased with what I did but it is too big to scan so I will see what it looks like with a photo.
I have changed my settings on this so it may be easier to put up a comment. I will see what comes through

2 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

It's very nice, and I love the colors. How wonderful to be around so much water. I wish we lived closer to water.

Shelly McC said...

Excellent Drawing.