Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Drawing in the park


I am so tired I can hardly think, I am sunburnt and my shoulders ache! All in the persuit of art. I had to get up very early to be in the Park by 9 am as I had ponies to feed and the farm toyota to get together as John had a meeting during the day so he had the car.
Anyway these are the drawings I did in the park, the top one is of one of the town hall windows and the bottom one of a very ornate seat. I did one side, the closest and then wasnt sure where to go from there, I havent got into the habit of blocking in the whole before I start on a bit, so I was very surprised when it actually came together quite well. I tried using pencils but I find I am more confident with my pen, even tho you can see my mistakes better, like this side back piece was far too long.
I cant believe how tired I am, I hope I get it together a bit more today. It was a quite beautiful day and really nice people.
I have found that I really dont have quite the right equipment, need more brushes of a type I dont have and paper and its quality makes such a difference.

6 comments:

Lin said...

THESE ARE LOVELY!!! And yes, art and arting can wear one out!!!

Linda said...

I love Lin's phrase, but she's right - "arting" can be very tiring!
:-)
I think being more comfortable with a pen than pencil shows that you are gaining self confidence for this type of sketch. They are both really very good -- the bench is beautiful, and must have been fun to do!

Teri said...

These are so nice Penny. You could take a little nap on that great park bench!

Robyn said...

This new art teacher of mine would tell you that the little extra lines are actually quite good as they give the drawing a looseness and I can see what he means here. They are really very good, Pamela.

Cheers,
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles

Terri said...

You did a great job with this Penny! I really like your watercolour efforts too. Good for you doing a class. A watercolour class is next on my agenda as soon as I can make some time for it. :o) Keep up the great work, you're making excellent progress.

Anonymous said...

Penny, you can work magic with that Pen. like Teri C, I want also want to lie down on that park bench and take a nap. Beautiful work.