Monday, October 25, 2010

Arrived in the mail and a party




this absolutely stunning pin cushion arrived in the mail from Jacquie of Hazelnutgirl blogspot from New Zealand. I absolutely love it and the material it was made from is stunning.
I have been away from home for a few days as we had a 70th birthday to go to, he was our best man many many years ago and his favorite colour according to his wife is orange so orange balloons abounded.
He is also very involved with the museums Waterhouse Club so wandering around on the guests were the odd reptile, this is a leaf tailed gecko, who as dusk came on thought he wanted to explore more than a shoulder.
Our host has owned this Bugatti for a few years but was bemoaning the fact that he would never be as old as it was, it was made in 1938. It has always taken center stage at all their parties.
A wonderful night meeting old and and new friends.
John raced home to go fishing and I stayed up and a few of the Grumpy Goddesses had lunch with one of us who has terminal cancer, she is being very brave about it but I think it may be the last time I see her.
I spent the night with P.. and we got a bit full on a bottle and a half of bubbly. I was up at 6.30 and drove home before the streets got full of the morning traffic.
I have cleaned up a bit and dusted and vacuumed, a lot more to be done but I have run out of puff at the moment.

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

No wonder you are thrilled with that gorgeous pincushion. the Bugatti looks pretty stunning too. I wouldn't care for the gecko clinging to me though.

ArtPropelled said...

You've been on the hop so its not surprising you've run out of puff. Is the gecko a pet? I've never seen a leaf tail before.