Monday, December 31, 2007

Busy busy


This has been an impossible few days. Very hot, although down here thank goodness the nights have cooled off, out for lunches, dinners or lunch and dinner and tonight it is New Year here for 8 of us. I am planning to be outside but there is a fall back plan. and my feet and ankles are swollen.
The photos are of Ian, Jill, John and Robynn walking the Ashbourne golf course at about 7 pm last night we were going to have a round of golf but it was really too hot and Ian was nursing a sore shoulder. Sorry about the quality of the photo but they would stand in the wrong place.
The spider is an orb weaver who entertained us all through dinner in the outside gazebo by spinning his/her web and wrapping the moths that had come to the light in silken shrouds. A very enterprising spider. they grow quite large but are generally shy and gentle, except with their food.
Watering or trying to keep water up to stuff has been a nightmare as I can really only use sprinklers when it is cool so early mornings and late nights. At least the water is our own and I can use it but I am trying to be careful but when apricot trees wilt you have to do something.

1 comment:

Anil said...

Hi Penny, I sure hope I get a chance to visit Australia sometime!