Sunday, December 23, 2007

Kangaroo Island snapshots




The first one was taken yesterday of Pennington Bay on the south coast, the next this morning while walking the Penneshaw beach, then the graves at Antechamber Bay, the Cape Willoughby lighthouse and its cottages which these days are rented out and finally the back road to Penneshaw from the Willoughby road, I love the way the trees arch over this awful little dirt road. one day I will get up there to paint it.
John caught 2 mullet at Antechamber Bay which I will have for breakfast. I did two paintings, well one watercolour and one pen and wash there as well.
He has gone to try his luck at Baudin Beach and we are after a busy morning doing gentler things as befits our age!! Jill a cross word and I have been embroidering a small thing.
Looking at these photos is it any wonder I love this Island even when it is cold and windy, but not absolutely freezing.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

great photos! I live on the other side of the world ... with rain forests!