Friday, December 28, 2007

Leaving Penneshaw




I took these photos this morning. The first is of the ferry, this is normally the one which carries all the transports but at the moment more holiday makers are going to the Island than coming home, we actually changed, in a hurry to an earlier ferry and boy I feel as if I have been running, packing and unpacking all day.
the second is of the beach and "our" house on the second tier , the white one second from the end. and the third is of the mainland at Cape Jervis showing the wind towers. We were a bit early and the other ferry hadnt left so we had to quietly motor around a bit and i took advantage of being in a position I have never been in before to photograph this cape and its folded hills.
I am waiting for John and Jill to collect a pizza for dinner, I think I may be asleep before they arrive.
It is very hot, over 36 degrees and getting hotter. I am really worried about New Years Eve as the predictions are for 41 degrees. My body doesnt like the heat although so far at least it is dry so the air conditioner is coping.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

You sound as though you had a wonderful break Penny--I hope it doesn't get too hot too soon for you to cope with.

Sequana said...

Thx for all the beautiful pics of your holiday.

Would it help you to cool off if I told you it's snowing blue blazes in Chicago today? Well, I guess that would be white blazes....*S*

Anil said...

Beautiful photo's. Is this in Australia? Seems a lot like California (which is where I live).

Happy Blogging!