Monday, September 04, 2017

Yesterday was an uplifting day.

Yesterday morning after a wild night of wind and rain and over 25 mm of rain I set off with an empty soup bowl and some vegetables cut fine to head off to the Aldinga Eco village, I had never been to before to take part in a day with the lovely India flint, making stone soup and making a small special book which we sewed onto, folded and then put picked leaves from around the village put together with patti pans and bulldog clips and into a mysterious mix in a cauldron to steam for a while. In the meantime all our vegetables and the stone went into another cauldron for a wondrous soup which we had for lunch.The village itself seems to be a real community and lots of interesting people. Lovely vegie gardens and am orchard and interesting houses. Some of the girls from the village were there as participants and I met another blogger I follow, all in all a magic day away from all the stress here. On top of it all there were 3 Penny's there, I have never in all my years of classes been in a class with any other Penny's. So although I was very tired by the time I went to go home, and the drive turned into a bit of an adventure (I went through the back way and over Mt Alma ) and met the wind and rain luckily as I was back on the bitumen. Safely home but oh so tired. Luckily it was Johns night for pasta! He had been going through books to see what might be worth keeping, more than we thought. This morning after another wild night we walked, not sure I wasnt hobbling a bit, my tin knee doesnt like the cold, around the base of the Bluff, huge waves every so often swept over the Islands but I am not sure I caught them, or the huge waves with white horses my little camera has its limitations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds a super day at a really interesting place. I like the sound of the soup. Sorry your knee was sore walking- there's a lot of it around it seems! :o) the drive over the mountain sounded exciting x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day. You needed a creative day to re-charge your energy.
xx, Carol

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it lovely! Glad you made it home safe though weary and with a beautiful book in your hands!