Sunday, September 24, 2017

This and that

Another dreadful day cooler, odd short showers and blowing a gale again. George is in by the fire. I did have a quick look around the garden. The wisteria is out and the Quince tree is in full flower, how I will miss that, thecymbidium orchid and the mock orange are doing well despite the awful conditions. I have packed up I don't know how much stuff today and we delivered a load to the container. Having to rest as my back is not liking all this bending, but every day I get more done.

2 comments:

Hildred said...

I brought a little slip of Mock Orange to town with me, and it is doing well in the garden, - luckily there was already a quince here...so hard to leave gardens behind. You just have to pray for someone to look after them as you would,yourself....

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm sure when we bought our home back in '76 the previous owner worried about how we would tend their gardens. We did very well. It was part of what we loved about the house. Over the years we have moved things and added a lot. I can't say how hard it would be for me to leave my landscaped pond area behind if we were to move. Even the thought is unsettling. I have thought of you many times and each time said a little prayer that your move will go well.
xx, Carol from the other side of the world.