Saturday, July 26, 2014

Glorious morning

For all my moaning yesterday, and for some reason my hip ached (not another thing!!) We had a shortish walk along the cliff tops at Petrels and were passed by fast dog walkers but my excuse is I was taking photos. I know I take this walk often and put up photos probably just as often but it is always a bit different, today the sea was incredibly clear and you could see the bottom with the waves breaking. I am wearing a skirt at the moment, not something I do often but this was a really nice Carla Zampatti, lined wool one I found in the op shop, I cut some off the top and turned it over and now it is very comfortable to wear when my back aches, and I really dont care what I look like in it, it pleases me. I think I am getting more and more like my grandmother the older I get. I seem to remember her wearing such outfits, long line tops to hide my cortisone tummy too, not that she was ever on cortisone. I have fiddled today, making tags out of manilla folders as I couldnt buy any ready made ones, stamping them and then placing fabric flowers on them to take to give away at the Melbourne retreat. I have run out of pin backs and forgot to get more this this morning, a peaceful thing to do on a lovely sunny afternoon in the sun room.Off to cook cabbage, I quite like it if its almost stir fried, I bought pies for dinner tonight and a naughty raspberry tart for desert. I am not sure I walked enough today but there is always tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jo Murray said...

There's always a lot to be thankful for, isn't there Penny? Your surroundings are gorgeous.

Jo Murray said...

There's always a lot to be thankful for, isn't there Penny? Your surroundings are gorgeous.