Friday, July 04, 2014

A abit of this and a bit of that.

I seem to be full of aches at the moment and not sleeping well so I am trying to take my mind off it all. Those flowers are really addictive, as well as these I now have some smaller black and white ones and another heap cut out to sew up. Something to do when the weather is not conducive to being outside. We did go for a walk along the beach in between the shopping and showers and these two sooty oyster catchers were patrolling the beach What I hadnt noticed until I double clicked the photo is that there were two hooded plovers on the left of them as well, not very clear, but we had seen four that morning. I thought it would be nice to go home the back way, until we found this big branch off a tree down, we were not far from home and it was silly to think of going back so I held up part of the branch, just enough for the red ute to get through and before I had to let it go, it was all pretty heavy, too heavy to drag off the road and we dont really carry an axe with us any more, people might think we were axe murderers! So the tree branch and a view of rain coming up the valley towards us, it was quite wet by the time we got home.

1 comment:

Hildred said...

I love your flowers, Penny. Do you make them in the middle of the night when you can't sleep?? Just kidding and also looking for an answer to sleepless nights.