Saturday, November 23, 2013

Morning walk at Pt Elliot

 My life has been in a bit of turmoil lately and John has not been feeling well but we did finally go over to Pt Elliot for a walk, cold, windy and the odd shower of rain.
It is schoolies week end down here, the caravan park over there was full and a few despondent looking girls with not enough clothes were wandering. The boys had their music cranked up high and were gathered together well rugged up!
We havent been over there for a while and although it tests my eyes and my knee it was a great walk.
The rough weather and high tides have changed the beaches, the purple sand was new.
There were four surfies out on the point and a dead shark on the beach!( I now have some smelly teeth that my dear husband offered to get for me, he knows me too well.) There are no photos of the shark, not sure what sort it was, had a thresher type of tail and having teeth is not a gummy shark!
Home I took photos of the orange flowers on the tree grevillea (g robusta), usually I forget and these are not the best as it is such a grey day.
I managed to drive to Adelaide on Thursday to catch up with my neice and give her some photos I have of my sister, it was lovely to catch up with her and share a few stories.
A long drive home, I havent been out driving on my own much since I had my knee done, I must get out more.
double click to enlarge the photos.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jo Murray said...

I always enjoy your photo mosaics Penny. You live in a lovely part of the world.

Suztats said...

Lovely pics, Penny. Hope John is feeling better.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Penny , you have the most spectacular landscapes in the whole world. Thank you for sharing them!