Saturday, June 26, 2010

TAST 17 Broken Hill and my bushkiri bag


I am not quite so off the planet today, but still not feeling particularly well.
So an early post as by evening I have had it.
This weeks TAST for Sharon b on her pintangle site (see side bar) was sword stitch which I had never heard of. A very simple stitch which in my befuddled state I tried to turn into a sort of dandelion seed head.
The next photo is one of Pro harts ants, done as a huge public sculpture, he was wonderful but hard to photograph. My friend P took this one as when i saw him it was very early morning.
Then we have Matilda again, on top of a mine cart on top of the slag heap with another public sculpture, the giant chair in the background.
Finally two sides of my Bushkiri bag I have been sewing at odd times when I have the chance, this one came from the English Stitch magazine. I do have a proper Bushkiri bag I bought ages ago but it has been fun to do this one and I aim to have a few more on the go as they will make nice little bags to pop jewellery into.


2 comments:

shirley said...

Hi Penny, Hope you are feeling better soon.
Broken Hill is such an interesting area. We loved it there, and i spent a whole day on my own going round all the art galleries, craft and antique shops, which was wonderful, while husband did a mine tour which was more to his liking.

There are probably a lot more things like the pro hart sculptures since we were there.

tushar soni said...

k2am lics
k2am listed
k2am listed investment
k2am listed company
k2am kodak
k2am campbell neal
k2 asset listed investment
k2 asset management kodak
k2 asset management lics
k2 asset management campbell neal lics kodak
k2 asset management campbell neal lics
k2 asset kodak
k2 management lics