Thursday, June 10, 2010

From Yesterday


It is wet and the fellows came today to re do the gutters by the back door so there is an awful mess there but today I managed to clean the silver, not that there is much out but it was black!
I have almost finished my winter clean, of course I will have to do it again shortly but I am beginning to feel terribly virtuous, but as if I have done nothing I want to do.
These were taken from postcards and the first was done in 1938 by Stanley Spencer, a British artist and entitled From the Artists window, Cookham.
I really like the freshness of this painting. I also love the next, I am not much of a flower painting lover but this one by local artist Nora Heysen, painted in 1933 called Spring Flowers is absolutely gorgeous.
These were both scanned from postcards and they havent come out as well as I would have liked.
The next photo is taken inside of the flower arrangement at the middle of the staircase and the final one is of Momotaro, his dog, pheasant and monkey.
Adelaide has a sister city arrangement with Himage in Japan and this is where the story of The Peach boy originated.
I saw the one in Himage when we were there a few years ago.

No comments: