Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Birds and views


I am afraid that when I blog from Picassa it only lets me put up 4 photos, but I may try later for some more. I have heaps.
I walked both yesterday and this morning but my knee is not good and sl not getting in as much as I had hoped for.
This morning this blue crane was fossicking ain the mud flats at low tide, to me they always look a bit pre historic. He didnt much like the look of me and flew off after I took his photo.
If you look hard you will sww a pelican with his wings out, they dont usually do this, shags do but not pelicans. I was really taking a photo of the bay and once more as we got closer then he flew off.
Yesterday on the beach at the point the oyster catchers and a big Pacific gull were on the beach, some one was fishing from their favorite spot on the rocks so they were quite annoyed and when I arrived they all waddled off in front of me before shrieking and flying off.
Pretty obvious birds dont like me
Finally a shot taken with a sheoak branch tastefully framing the view of Long beach and the lovely rock outcrops all along the walk.
Washing done today and some housekeeping as well.
We are not terribly exciting.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A very pretty spot Penny!