Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Broken Hill photos


I came home last night, after an 8 hour drive so I could go out to dinner with our works manager who has just resigned, we have been friends since he started under John at the council.
I was up at 5.30 am, we left Broken Hill at 7 am and were in Adelaide by a bit after 1pm to drop of my friend P, saw my mother for a few minutes and drove home to get there at about 3 ish.
I was so tired and everything ached but it was a good trip and a lovely few days.
I will bore you with photos for the next few days, but I am still terribly tired.
The body doesnt cope as well as it once did.I think as usual these may not be in order.
On the Saturday evening we went up to the sculpture park which is on a hill near Broken Hill and watched the sun set with a few nibbles and a glass in our hand.
As we were leaving this magpie stood on top of one of the sculptures, I had to use the flash to get him reasonably.
The next photo is taken from the car park, just a general view of what the country is like, the water in the back ground, if you click on the photo to enlarge it, is one of the reservoirs which actually has some water in it, they have been in drought for years, and dont have a high rainfall any way but they had good rains a few weeks ago.
Then the very spectacular sunset, there were people every where.
So many people it was hard to take photos of the sculptures without people, especially school girls hanging onto them.
I know that each sculpture was done by a different person and I also know I didnt take them all as the sun was in the wrong place, but it was a lovely place to be and magnificent country.
The last photo is of myself, my doll Matilda (sitting above on the fuse box) who has been around the world with me , more on her at a later date, so there are four of the five tenants of Art mecca holiday home, Lyn, Maralyn, myself and Merle, Jaslyn took the photo.
Too tired tonight to say any more than it was a fantastic trip, a great place, great people to be with and it all went terribly fast.



3 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

An 8 hour drive! No wonder you're tired. Great to see you in the photo Penny and what a wonderful sunset.

Robin Mac said...

Spectacular photos Penny, I'll look forward to seeing more of them when I return. When we live in Australia we have to get used to those long drives with the distances we travel. 8 hours is long enough for me now, we used to go straight through to Brisbane - 11 hours, but my joints won't put up with that any more. Cheers, Robin

Wanda..... said...

Really great photos, Peggy, especially the magpie on top of one of the sculptures! Beautiful country views too!

♥...Wanda