Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A wander around the garden



Here by the side door is a warmish corner where we eat in summer and under the veranda I have a few pots and things. My blue boy hanging pot has been magnificent this year.
I must remember to take some cuttings.
A photo of what the soil looks like where it is not covered by plant material, dry and dusty and what is worse non wetting. No wonder I am losing things.
A rose, one of the few I have left, they hate our soil, this one is in a huge pot and is one of the new varieties of patio roses which seem to be pretty hardy.
Then the colour on the leaves of my purple cotton bush whose Latin name I have momentarily (I hope) forgotten.
Finally the small corner of the garden with autumn leaves and odds and ends in it.
I have just returned from Adelaide and seeing my mother, at the moment I am just driving up and seeing her, having a quick lunch with P... and coming home.
Lately I have been coming home through the hills as the autumn colours are lovely, and rather soothing.
I will leave you with these few photos and hope for better rain than they are forecasting.

2 comments:

Hildred said...

Your Blue Boy pot is quite truly magnificent. It is not familiar to me - does it have another name? A lovely wander in your garden, - thank you for sharing.....

Wanda..... said...

We are having so much rain, everything is drooping, including myself! The hanging flower is beautiful, Penny!
♥...Wanda