Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Coffin Bay boats


I love boats, although very often they dont love me and I get terribly sea sick.
Here in the calm waters around the township they are every where and you will probably get sick of my photos of them.
There are oyster boats, prawn trawlers, game fishing boats, power boats and yachts of all sizes and dinghies, as you can see, some half in the water and some pulled up in the bushes.
I took these photos on my 2 hour walk this morning, it drizzled a bit but I was also taking photos of the old shacks remaining and odds and ends that caught my attention as I walked in this magical place.
There were birds I should know, flowers, a red tailed spider, perhaps washed out of his hole in the rain.
A one footed pacific gull who looked a bit uncomfortable, the husks of cocoons of the huge gum moths that take, so they say, years before they hatch.
Masts mirrored in the water, I hope to find time to paint. I do wish I was more confident with my painting but I painted a small bunch of flowers when I got back, they are on my other blog.
Eating well, drinking well. catching up on my sewing. Good company and so far, a good holiday.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

annie said...

Boats don't love me, either, so I just enjoy looking at them, or riding them on a small lake. Nope-- I will NEVER get tired of your photos
of them,
annie