Monday, February 01, 2010

Collections



What do you do with lots of bags that you have been given or collected over time? Hang them on a spare wall in the hall
I was sorry I didnt get a bag in Paris, John offered to get me one, but I didnt think we could afford it.
I have over the years been the recipient of things from several of my mothers houses, here is a little piece of furniture which has bits and pieces that I have collected over the years, odd plates, birds, horses, cloth dolls I have made. Presents from friends and the plates I collected for a while. Some are my mothers as well.
On a wall in the bedroom are these small bits and pieces, the door was in the way and I couldnt get straight on to photograph them, Japanese prints I collected in Japan, some little kimonos I have made, a Susie McMahon painted face for a doll, a gift from a very dear Japanese friend.
Is it any wonder I have not much wall space left and the house is slowly buckling at its knees.

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I feel a sisterhood with you Penny. My walls and shelves overflow with momentoes too, purses included!
You have them wonderfully displayed, I enjoyed enlarging the photos and getting a closer look at the beautiful things you've collected or created!

Karen said...

These are all wonderful Penny but I have to admit I rather fancy the china the best. Love the ribbons.

Robin Mac said...

I had to enlarge eachof the photos to have a closer look too - what a wonderful eclectic collection of everything. cheers, Robin