Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rain and cooler weather



This afternoon the promised rain came, and with it much cooler temperatures.
Of course now all we want to do is sleep as we havent been sleeping terribly well with the heat.
I have been playing around with some rusted fabrics, last time I rusted some papers I threw in some various fabrics to see what they would do and one was a flour bag from my bulk bread flour, I think there was one bit of poly cotton and I am not sure what else, any way I rinsed them out and I have these fabrics, they may not last terribly well but this week for something to do I cut them up and frayed them and stitched them. Of course when i looked closely they are not quite straight but I am ignoring that, will put on it by nearly blind artist when it is finished!
While in Victor on the terribly hot morning there I was scrabbling around on the ground in the car park looking for rusted bottle tops and I had found the two washers before. I have got this far and am a bit inclined to put it on a black background on a slant, still thinking about that.
I some how put the photos up in the wrong order again, because the next ones are of the wet and rainy looking plants just by the bedroom door and then a sort of thundercloud from yesterday afternoon when they were forecasting thunderstorms, which we didnt get, and the last one was what I thought looked like a very dry sliver of a moon on its back yesterday morning in a pink sky, how wrong I was.
We had a day in Adelaide yesterday, lots to do and a combined birthday lunch and going a way lunch for some of the Grumpy Goddesses, a lovely time had by all. Presents, hugs, laughter, chat and good food.

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

I think the rusted fabric art, not being exactly straight, adds to it's artistic handmade look!