Thursday, February 04, 2010

This came in the mail today



My little piece for The Thread Studio's connections challenge came home today, I saw it in Melbourne and again in London but it had been further afield than that.
It was great to get it home again and John was most impressed as he had forgotten about it.
Still very muggy but cooler today, a tiny bit of drizzle is falling as I write.
I thought I would have a wander around with the camera outside as I watered today and here a few more corners.
Pots under the verandah, mostly my special ones I love the nodding blue violet, which isnt a violet at all but I think a streptocarpus, and my special balsam, (and I dont think that is its name these days either, but to me that is what it is called) in its bright red and white.
I keep bringing bits of these crucifix orchids back from Queensland in various colours but the ones that survive outside the best are these very common orange ones, but I still love them, thought you might like a close up.
I have been painting odd things, a doll, a tiny bird house and an owl, I have been to the physio and hope to keep away for a while now, I have washed clothes but not ironed! I have painted something I rather like and you may see translated into a textile, its on my other blog, hoses have been put on and moved, there are some terribly dry bits in the garden but at least I have some water, this time last year we had run out, and the year before.
I had better go, I am trying out a new recipe, let you know how it turns out.
Thank you to all those who write nice things about my blog, you dont know how much it means to me, sorry if I dont reply personally all the time, I am a bit hopeless when it comes to that.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Your little connections piece looks lovely Penny-I got mine back also.
We had 10 minutes of heavy rain this afternoon then the sky was blue and the sun came out and it has been muggy ever since.

Wanda..... said...

Your piece is beautiful Penny...I always love what you create!
Thanks for letting me know about the cheese dishes...I had never seen one... they caught my eye right away and made me think 'cheese'...You have a nice collection. I think I would love to explore your home! :)

Joy said...

It is all so lush and beautiful. My mother had Balsom and just loved it.