Sunday, February 14, 2010

Walking the cliffs







I have finally managed to do a walk along the cliffs today, this is an easy walk, not too many steps and rocks although a bit of a pull up from the final beach.
this goes from Petrel Cove along to Kings Beach but we didnt do the full walk.
I have these photos badly out of order, the one which says the beach is unsafe is Petrel Cove, where aged about 16 I nearly drowned, a bad little cove with rips that suddenly take you.
From there the walk goes past one other small beach on top of the cliffs and then onto another beach that you walk along before continuing on to the Kings Beach car park.
It was quite windy and latish in the afternoon but I managed to do it and get back without my knee being too uncomfortable.
Stunning views of the sea and surf and not a soul in sight.
I have been working on my textile things again today and am making a bit of progress, quite cool and windy which has been nice.
The girls have just rung to say our Cob stallion Pen-nant Prime Time had gone Supreme led of show and Champion ridden at a big all breeds show at Murray Bridge. They are very late coming home having left at about 5 am this morning but are really pleased with themselves and the way the big boy went.
Oh and the last photo Stephen of the golden fish was talking about what he saw when he blogged, well this is not quite what I see now, but it is what I can see in the morning when I check out the e mails and blogs from my bed on the little notebook which John very sweetly brings in with my morning tea. A small corner of the bedroom.
I hope every one had a lovely Valentines day, we dont really observe it but we had a lovely day none the less, it was too windy to fish so John was home for the day.

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Your small corner of the bedroom is lovely...I love the view, your sunny yellow chair and the beautiful tulips...lucky you, tea in bed!

Linda said...

Hi Penny, thanks for your comment on my blog. You're so lucky to have that cliff walk - a good blast of ozone must be so refreshing!

And your bedroom corner is absolutely delightful.