Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday


I was up very early this morning taking photos of the sky. I hadnt slept well and John was going fishing early.
I did a wander around the garden with my camera while I was moving the hoses and saw the peacocks out near the paddock, these young males have nearly lost all their tail feathers, there are pea cock feathers all over the garden.
I have finally finished this little lady, she is rather sweet and I am quite fond of her, she will be in the selling exhibition we run over Easter. She is made from hand dyed fabric I did ages ago, beaded and embroidered with a gele on her head. I finally got the sea glass and bit of wire done to put on her today. I have actually stitched her hands together but she can go either way. I finally found a small ring to stitch on her to hang her on the wall, talk about not seeing things when I look for them.
This box will be there too, covered and lined with silk and with my burnt and gilded bits of organza decorating it.
I needed to do a bit of alteration to the lid pattern but I think I have finally got it right.
John has come home with fish and Oscar is out there paying rapt attention to his every move, but this time he only got one fish and we have several.
Hot and sticky again, not as bad as yesterday but bad enough. I spent some time diving in from my work room to watch the winter Olympics and marvelled at our no 2 bob sled team coming down on their heads, looked terribly uncomfortable but when you think that the only place they can practice back home is on the beaches I think it is a miracle they manage at all and they have to do the whole thing on a shoe string.
I did spend a bit of time trying to enclose a beach stone in craft wire, it is on my other blog here.


1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

Penny, you are talented artist in many ways, I'm always so impressed with your creations!