Sunday, November 22, 2009

Walking this morning


We have had a lovely 20 mm of rain over the last day or so, wonderful after that terrible heat.
The girls have gone to a show and John has gone fishing so I had to do the rounds this morning checking on things, a much better day to do it although the flies have started.
First a bit of my garden I dont look at very often, this is from the paddock next to the side garden and the trees and things are doing well there, such a lot are self seeded and this silky oak or grevillia robusta came up in a tiny cactus pot I was given years ago and has turned into this wonderful tree. It is flowering at the moment and the lorikeets are having a field day in it.
Then the sky still with a hint of rain in it looking down the valley, those brown hills will be with us for months now.
No new foals in this paddock but the two who are came down to check me out. Arnt they gorgeous, the little filly who is closest to the camera has such big eyes.
Then as I headed around the race to the yard I thought I would take a couple of photos of the sheds, I always think farm sheds look so interesting, and I had a bit of a fossick around to see what I could find, a few treasures I didnt think any one would miss.
The shed in the last photo has had a long history, stables, milking shed, stables again and now a storage shed. The rose I planted many many years ago is still flowering.
Sarah has just rung to let me know that we did very well at Champion of Champions so that was good, this is a qualifier for the interstate Show in Sydney but I doubt they will go to that. We won the leading rein and the Show hunter and also runner up show hunter with the other pony. Nice to know that the ponies we bred are doing so well under saddle.


1 comment:

annie said...

What gorgeous little guys, happy in the grass and coming to check you out. So glad you got rain and congrats re Champions Leading Rein and Show Hunter and Runner Up Show Hunter.
annie