Thursday, November 05, 2009

On the farm and some textile stuff




First of all here is a photo of all the footprints of what we call the water bantams, we have hundreds of them on the and around the dam at the moment and here is my dear Jake standing in front of a mob of them.
This is about a 1/4 of the numbers we have,
I took this when walking down to check the mares and foals this morning.
Then these are two of the books well one is a cover that I am doing with the free on line courses that Maggie Grey and Linda Monk and Carol McFee are giving if you have bought their latest books, Maggie's is called Stitches Straps and Layers and Lynda and Carols is Stitching the Textured Surface.
The top two are from Linda's and is called a doodle book, great fun and I will happily make some more.
Then the next one is Maggie's book cover for a spiral bound book using foil and various other methods, I used kitchen foil and found it interesting to be able to use something I have readily available.
I loved making the little 'Gods eyes" I had only done those in basket making before.
Sorry the flash makes it hard to see the surface. Having made one I am keen to make another and make a better job of it, its typical, you make the first and learn from your mistakes, that is what happens when you dont actually read all the instructions!
We had flu shots today and thank goodness I have finally more or less cleaned the house so I can relax and play for a few days, although it sounds as if it is getting hot for the weekend for our Welsh Pony show now I just hope I dont have a reaction to the shots but I dont usually.

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I loved the view with Jake and the water bantams, beautiful hills Penny!

You've done a great job on the doodle book...a fun thing to do with left over fabric, would make great gifts.

Karen said...

Those are big birds, reminds me of the Canada geese we get sometimes.

The books are wonderful, love the pastels the best.

annie said...

Jake proudly surveying his water bantams...I like your covers, Penny.
The "God's Eyes" are a charming touch.
annie