Sunday, November 01, 2009

A walk around the garden



Here as you come out of the back door near the tank and the path to the garage is my rhododendron given to me by my dear friend Paddy. She keeps telling me it is still in a pot but I think its roots have grown through and any way I didnt think I would be able to grow a rhody here and really I shouldnt be able to but here it is and this year I have three flowering heads although you can only see two.
The fish pond has been taken over by this delightful Japanese Iris and I really dont mind at all when it looks like this, but its a bit of a shame about the weeds, I cant get everything done, actually I think the brown may be an ornamental grass now I look closer.
On the front terrace this little single rose gives me an enormous amount of pleasure when I sit inside in the sun room, the peacocks like to pick at it but somehow it looks better this year than ever.
By the garage Zepherine, I cant remember her last name always is in flower and as she has few thorns I dont mind her bright colour although some might.
Here between the garage and our bedroom door, looking towards a bantam cage the geranium maderense is still flowering its head off and looking magnificent. The forget me nots are a bit of a pain though, when I pass their seeds seem to jump onto whatever I am wearing and are transferred around the garden.
We had a lovely walk near the sea this morning, there were no new foals and I have tidied up the house and John has taken a lot off this computer and I cant believe how much faster it is.
I have also started to do some stuff for one of the on line classes I am doing so a bit of fun is in the air as well.
All is right with my world, well for today any way!

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

All is very beautiful in your world if you ask me Penny and you even get to walk by the sea!

Robin Mac said...

Your garden is looking beautiful Penny, and so colourful. No wonder you feel everything is all right in your world. Cheers, Robin

Karen said...

So beautiful and lovely to see at this time of year when everything is brown, wet and cold. I've found that forget-me-nots are very invasive and no matter how many you pull out they always managed to come back.