Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Circles on the ground



I had a lovely time taking photos of various municipal man hole covers, although the one second along is actually a drain cover, John kept finding them for me, the first two are French and the last 3 are German.
Dont you like the cobbles around some of them?
I found them fascinating but was disappointed to find that a lot in the UK were square, not round.
I also seem to remember ones with the names of the towns on them from the last time we were in Europe, not so often found now. I think the best I ever saw were in Japan. I must find some of them and re scan them.
Any way they make quite good design resources.
I will be in Adelaide tomorrow so may not post, I will see how tired I am when I get home.
Warming up a bit and then some rain, I hope so.
A crow is calling and a blackbird is singing and the peacocks are tramping on the shed roof. The sounds of evening.
I have been playing with my sewing machines, more on my other blog if you want to look here.

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

great manhole covers Penny and so different each one of them.

Linda said...

What a fun series! I've been thinking of taking some shots of manholes - but everything is dark and wet here just now.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What beautiful patterns and they come from such an unlikely source!
Did people stare at you when you took these photos?
Wendy

Linda’s Textiles said...

I notice these too - there were some nice ones in Japan (colourful) but I didn't photograph them.
Thanks for your comment on my pics.