Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Roses babies ponies and 'stuff'


This rose, altissimo hads been growing by what were originally my stables and before that the cow dairy for about 50 years and is still flowering beautifully when some one waters it.
Next is that gorgeous naughty boy my great grandson Mason he is now just one year old and I took this photo yesterday.
Next some of the 'stuff' I have been doing, the first is a book cover made from alfoil and tissue, this is from the on line class I am doing with Maggie Grey and the next is the start of a doodle book painted papers and nappy wipes, a bit still to be done here, I hope for time at my sewing machine tomorrow. On line class with Lynda Monk.
Finally a group of Welsh Mountain mares and foals who I see every day as I do my walk.
Well the hopes of South Australia were not fulfilled today as Alcopop was 6th in the Melbourne Cup, a creditable placing but a set of outsiders won as is usual. I came home from my lunch with 2 bottles of wine I won at the door prize, and a 2nd in the $2 sweep and $15 which covered my bets and a bit more so I was pleased.
We were a very sedate table compared with all the others, and only 2 hats the rest of us tried to talk and catch up but it was all pretty noisy. Same time next year.


1 comment:

Robin Mac said...

Love your ponies and the book cover. I am dying to give the alfoil a go when I come back from Tassie. I was barracking for Alcopop, but didn't have a bet on anything, so just enjoyed watching the running. Cheers, Robin