Monday, November 02, 2009

A bit of hand stitching


I did take a few things away with me but usually the light was so poor I couldnt get much done, so these have all been finished at home.
First another little Kantha style creation, I really love the therapeutic style of doing this.
Then a small pin, she is not quite finished, needs a back and some arms but that wont take long, and finally the little rust fabric lino cut I did with a bit of stitching on it.
Hot and sticky today and although it has cooled down a bit now it is remarkably humid. I really dont like the humidity and looking at the long range weather forecast for the week end when we have a big two day Welsh show it will be 33 C both days whew.
Tomorrow is the Melbourne Cup, I will be going to Adelaide for lunch with some friends, but I also have to see my mother and have my hair cut!! This year a local trainer, the son of a friend has a horse running called Alcopop, he is equal favorite but this is a first for trainer, horse and jockey so I think maybe, although I dont want it to be, the old and wily trainers will win.
Go Alcopop!
For those who dont know the Melbourne Cup is when the whole of Australia comes to a standstill to listen to it, a very famous horse race over 3200 meters so very often an outsider will win.

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

I love all your examples Penny, but the little rust fabric lino makes me want to create something myself of this nature, maybe someday! My mother made over 100 quilts in the last years of her life.