Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Valley this morning






As I drove back from shopping this morning I stopped and took a few photos of the big bales still in the paddocks.
It has been so hot that a lot are still out there, and a lot were left a bit late, ours have been done for weeks but then we have to have high nutrition levels in ours and our neighbours who rear a few beef animals are not so worried about them.
We are being told we will have a very nasty day tomorrow but then we were told that today and it wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it might be.
So far no hot northerly winds thank heaven.
today I spent a lot of the time, when not moving hoses, painting little dolls and sewing strips of material together, you cant see what I am doing yet, its not really terribly exciting any way.
Sorry this is so brief but it is late, I meant to do this a lot earlier but then the phone rang and it was a friend and we chatted and then John came home from Adelaide where he had been to a meeting and so dinner was organised and we have only just finished.
The trouble with day light saving at this time of the year, animals to feed, pots to water, and then it is late and I am tired.

No comments: