Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Blogging friends




On one of the blogs I follow someone was talking about why blogging has become important to them. I thought about the people I keep in contact through blogs and those who I have met only through my blog. Here are two whose photos I found, there are others.
Of course these are in the wrong order, but at the top are John, Lauren and I at the Getty Museum and the view across LA, then John, Lauren and Hashi I of course took the photo, and I will talk about that one first. Hashi was part of the walking and sketching blogs that we set up and which is why I have my second blog. In early 2008 we were given the opportunity to go to America with a tour our dairy company was organising. I knew that Hashi lived in, near Los Angeles and that she had walked quite a few walks that were in a book she had. I duly found the book, and as we were to stay in Hollywood and it was a week end, Hashi very kindly offered to show us one of the Hollywood walks which she did and this was taken on that walk, she then offered to take us down to the La Brier tar pits which John was anxious to see and also to take us out to the Getty art Museum and garden which is where the second photo was taken. So although we dont always talk, I watch Hashi's blog and see how she and Lauren are getting on and are forever grateful for the day she spent with us.
Next is Julie's bluebell wood, in October this year, and then Julie and myself and her son Xavier. Julie set up the walking sketching blog and is a very good artist, I have a couple of her paintings and she was always talking about her walks in the bluebell wood so when we were in the Uk this year she invited us for lunch and to walk the walk with her.
It was fascinating, and as with Hashi it was really like meeting some one I have known all my life. I think I have know Xavier since he was about 2 and here he is today aged 6, and a gorgeous young man.
I find blogging is a wonderful way of seeing other countries, through the eyes of those who live there. The other bloggers I have met along the way, actually met, have been without exception the nicest people and are rather like old friends but not ones I have known since childhood, but then again almost! It is also a way to keep up with old friends around the world and keep in touch.
So thank you to blogger and I am proud to be part of that community.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I've loved reading your blog and being a part of your daily life and journey. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Julie Oakley said...

Oh I'm thrilled to see the photos. I must direct people to this post. It was such a lovely day when you visited. And I'm so glad I was able to put on such perfect weather for you.

Hashi said...

It's great to see those photos again, and also to see Julie and Xavier. :::Hi Julie!:::: When I get back to England one day I will definitely visit with you!

Penny, Lauren and I have great memories of that day with you and John ... come again!!